Sunday, September 18, 2011

Whidby Island Hazzah!

Dear Choristers,

you folks Never cease to amaze me!. We had right around 27 voices that showed up for the Whidby Island performance and it was a vibrant, honest, and meaningful time of sharing. We really did Blow the roof off of that place. Memorable moments for me were. Blue boat home and helping their congregation to feel the connection that we have become accustom to, of course you can't pass up the "Shouting Day, Day is breaking" Part. that part always kills! I had a lot of fun on Gate Gate especially the last "Ga-Te" and the way that we built up to it. I think my favorite part was starting "We Are One" and seeing the looks on your faces like "We are going to Rock this", That was my favorite.

Thank you for being flexible in the rush around moments before the service. It wasn't ideal but we came together and got the job done and you took ownership of the situation to help us present in a way that was true to our growing reputation. I hope that in the future we can work on that piece of the puzzle in a way that makes things more comfortable for us. That being said I am very proud of the way we all came together to sing beautifully.

See you wednesday. we will be working on "The Heavens are Telling" from Hayden's work "The Creation".

I would like to change the big choir rehearsal from 7-8 and move chamber choir up to 8:10 to 9:30. We have a big job in front of us to get "World of Difference" down for next weekend. Kay and Nat will be attending rehearsal from 8:45 - 9:30 and so we will have some time to get our parts down before they get set up and ready to play.

I am looking forward to next weeks service!

Thanks again. Lets keep our momentum going!

Andy

No comments:

Post a Comment