Dear BUF Choir,
Christmas Eve is nearly here and I am in Camas Enjoying some good family time at DeeDee's Parents place with all the cousins. It is a blast and I haven't seen my kids for a whole 36 hrs.
I am realizing that several of you are not on my Email list so I am hoping that this info gets to you from the blog. If there is anyone that you know that did not get this please forward.
Lee and I pounded out the Script today and we are really looking forward to the show tomorrow night.
Congratulations to Sonya Morrison for landing the solo on Angel. It was a tough choice because everyone did such a good job but Sonya will do a great job with it.
Here is a run down of the evening tomorrow. Thanks for a great season so far Bufsters! Lets make some great music tomorrow.
5:30 Andy and DeeDee arrive at BUF to make copies of Holy and the Ivy and What Child is this.
6:00 Set up Sanctuary and Sound / light Check (if any one wants to help with this we would be more than obliged.)
6:30 Quintet Rehearsal
7 BUF Choir warm up / Rehearsal (Don't be late please)
7:30 Sanctuary starts filling with people.
Below is the Play by Play. Most of this will be in the OOS but if you want to be in the know then here are the details.
Christmas Eve 2013
1. 7:45 Pre-show Carol-sing:
245 Joy to the World (3 verses) [ANDREW on ORGAN]
235 Deck the Halls (3 verses) [Melanie on Piano]
253 O Come All Ye Faithful (4 verses, Latin last) [Andrew on ORG and Melanie on Piano]
237, The First Noël (3 verses) [Amber on Piano]
259 We Three Kings (4 verses) [Amber on Piano]
On the insert: Holly and the Ivy (3 verses) [Melanie Piano]
On the insert: What Child is This? (3 verses) [Andrew on Organ]
[Amber on Piano—get music from Melanie]
*8:00 SERVICE BEGINS
2. Beginning: The Tibetan gong sound strikes and we enter into the spirit of worship.
3.a. Lee Preface to Coventry Carol
3.b. Coventry Carol BUF choir Acappella
[Amber to give pitches; Melanie to play only if not a cappella]
4. Invocation: The Rev. L. B. and the Rev. B.G.
4.b. Covenant here?
5a. Lighting the Chalice -- Andy Marshall, Director of Music Speaks on Redemtion
youve allowed yourself to fall into bad habits. to be simple is a way to see yourself more clearly and the opportunity to be redeemed is truly a gift.
[ Chamber choir move down to front while Andy is moving to light the chalice]
5.b. Kindling: here the chalice of our heritage is kindled
6. Chamber Choir: Tis a gift to be simple [Amber to give pitches; Melanie to play only if not a cappella] Chamber remains standing during quiteing.
7. Quieting: silence for a time, begun and ended by the bell-ring.[
[Chamber returns to Choir after 2nd ring]
8. Opening Words -- Lee
9. Carol: Congregation 244 It Came Upon a Midnight Clear (4 verses) [Melanie on Piano]
[Womens Ensemble moves from choir down to front during 2nd and 3rd verse]
10. The Story Begins… The First Lesson --Lee
Dickens’ A Christmas Carol [Scrooge is visited by Marley’s ghost]
11. Choral piece "Domulet" Womens Ensemble [Melanie to give pitches]
*12. Carol: #246, O Little Town of Bethlehem (3) [ANDREW on ORGAN]
[Womens’ Ensemble moves from front back up to choir]
13. 2nd Lesson, What made Scrooge Scrooge
16. Choral piece “Angel” BUF Choir [Melanie accompanies Choir on Piano]
Solo: Sonya Morrison
*17. Carol: "Hark the Herald Angels Sing" 1st verse only [Melanie on Piano]
Print Lyrics in OOS (to Cyd: Format this as you see fit.)
Hark! The herald angels sing,
“Glory to the newborn King;
Peace on earth, and mercy mild,
God and sinners reconciled!”
Joyful, all ye nations rise,
Join the triumph of the skies;
With th’angelic host proclaim,
“Christ is born in Bethlehem!”
Hark! the herald angels sing,
“Glory to the newborn King!”
18. 3rd Lesson, The Ghost of Christmas Past
19. Quintet: Amber Nic DeeDee Andy Lizz “What Sweeter Music” by John Rutter
[ANDREW accompanies on ORGAN]
*20. Carol, #231 Angels We Have Heard on High (3 verses) [Melanie on Piano]
21.a. Offering: tonight’s offering will go to benefit the Interfaith Coalition [talk about its good works] -- Lee
21.b. Offertory: Boccherini sonata in A major, movement 3. And, if necessary, Gigue from Bach's 6th cello suite. Kyle Matson and Willey O'hana [Melanie will give tuning pitch if they need it ]
22. Lesson 4, The Ghost of Christmas Present
*23. Carol: #225 O Come O Come, Emmanuel 4 verses) [Amber on Piano]
24. The 5th Lesson, The Ghost of Christmas Yet To Come
25. Quieting: silence for a time ended by the bell -- Lee
26. The 6th Lesson, Scrooge’s conversion
27 Ave Maria, Franz Biebl-- BUF Choir [Amber to give pitches]
Solo: 1. Lauren Holmgren 2. Lizz Weber 3. Andy Marshall
28. Sharing the Light by Howard Thurman - Barbara
29. [Lee and BG walk to chalice, light a taper and BG begins at back and works towards front. Andy lights from chalice and shares with Choir]
“Now we share the light of our faith and of our hope. When your candle is lit, please hold it straight so your neighbor can light theirs from yours. As you pass the light, it’s our tradition to also pass the peace: “Peace be with you.” Response: ‘And also with you.’”
30. Closing candlelit hymn: #251, Silent Night, from insert (3 verses) [Andrew on ORGAN and Melanie on Piano. Amber on Soprano Descant]
31. Spoken Benediction --Lee
32. Postlude [Melanie Piano]
Musicians - Melanie Rieck, Piano; Amber Sudduth Bone, Piano; Andrew Hovenden, Organ; Kyle Matson, Cello; Willey Ohana Cello.
Vocal Quintet: Amber Sudduth Bone, Sorano; Deanna Marshall, Alto; Lizz Roberts, Alto; Andrew Marshall, Tenor; Nick Bone, Bass
Sent from my iPad